This is a shrine monument to commemorate General Kim Eungha who was awarded for his outstanding military service when he led Joseon’s rescue forces by the order of King Gwanghaegun, the 15th King of the Joseon Dynasty, requested by China under the Ming Dynasty (1619). Later on, he was enshrined for his loyalty and military achievements, and his shrine monument has been built in the 9th year of Sukjong, the 19th King of the Joseon Dynasty (1683) at Hyanggyo-gol, Hwaji-ri, Cheorwon-eup, Cheorwon-gun (late Yeokchon-dong, under the Ilbong-san, Suhwajun-ri, Cheorwon-bu).
Made of granite, the monument has a turtle-shaped pedestal, on which stands a square stone of 250cm x 98 cm x 33 cm, and engraved there is his whole life story which was composed by Song, Si Yol, Juau-jung [the second minister of Joseon] and written by Park, Tae Yu, Jipyeong of Saheonbu (a type of inspection-supervising position of Joseon), with a preface by Kim Su Hyang, Yongui-jung (the supreme minister of Joseon), in June 1669, the 10th year of Hyeonjong, the 18th King of Joseon.
At the time, it was at Pochung-sa Hyangoy-gol Hwaji-ri; it was lost in the Korean War and only the shrine monument is left today. However, in February of 1974, during the movement of the military base, General Lee Sei-ho of the 3rd Company Commander of the Korean Army who was from this town, along with the effort of a Confucian scholar of Cheorwon and the Governor of Cheorwon, the shrine monument was relocated to Gokam Mountain Valley (San 1-1, Hwaji-ri, Cheorwon-eup) 2km south of its original location on April 3, 1984.
278 bunji, Hwaji-ri, Cheorwon-eup, Cheorwon-gun (currently Hwaji-ri San 1-1)